«Learn how to Live without bullying» is an educational program, created by KMOP, especially for secondary school pupils. The Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs has certified the program for the school year 2016 – 2017.
The program’s main goal is to provide the children with communicational skills necessary not only for the handling of bullying but also for its prevention.
The training mainly focuses on how to empower children by cultivating valuable life skills, such as assertiveness, able to diminish the possibilities of becoming a victim and at the same time preparing children to face effectively difficult situations in general.
The educational material serves also the needs of children already exposed to bullying incidents as it provides them with practical methods and tips on how to handle those situations.
- Target groups: First and mid class secondary school pupils.
- Number of attendants per course: Maximum 30
- Duration: 90 minutes
Structure and Units:
The course consists of the following units:
- What is school and cyber bullying?
- The different forms of bullying, the causes, the consequences and the reasons of being a victim or a perpetrator
- The importance of a safety net on a child’s environment
- Factors that enable or make it difficult for someone to open up and find support.
- Assertive behavior: Models and tips on how someone can defend itself and rights while respecting others.